DRCR is seeking a part-time Asst. Project Manager to assist in the development and implementation of the Comprehensive Trash Abatement Program satisfying the goals and objectives of EPA while advancing the goals and objectives of DRCR and the Dog River Watershed Management Plan.
• Assist the Director and grant team in building and maintaining all objectives of
the Dog River Comprehensive Trash Abatement Program.
• Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress.
• Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using
appropriate verification techniques.
• Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
• Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with grant partners Mobile
Bay National Estuary Program (MBNEP) Mobile Baykeeper (MBK), Partners for
Environmental Progress (PEP), as well as project partners the Eslava Creek Yak
Club and at least five (5) area pickup truck dealers.
• Help develop a DRCR public information program for the Dog River
Comprehensive Trash Abatement Program. Assist with coordination of
public/community meetings to communicate Dog River Watershed Trash
Abatement Program and Dog River issues to the public.
• Coordinate engagement activities, including working with team members on
educational and/or promotional material composition, and support initiatives (e.g.,
brochures, website, newsletter, social networking content).
• Participate in building the integrity and credibility of the program through
presentation to the public, community relations, media exposure and other
• Work to ensure that stakeholders and partners (external organizations,
companies, government and individuals) understand the purpose, goals and
objectives of DRCR and the Dog River Comprehensive Trash Abatement
• Organize and schedule all necessary resources required to accomplish tasks and
conduct activities according to deadlines.
• Review and evaluate work to ensure quality and timeliness and ensure quality
control in adherence to policies and procedures.
• Execute strategic responsibilities for developing short and long-term
• Update job knowledge by participating in team and committee meetings; reading
related materials; maintaining personal networks; and participating in DRCR
• Protect DRCR’s integrity by maintaining confidentiality.
• Accomplish organizational goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job
• Other activities as deemed necessary to accomplish job.
Skills / Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience.
• Proven working experience in project management.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Google Drive.
• High level knowledge and interest in local and/or regional environmental issues.
• Preferable experience with non-profits.
• Knowledge of Dog River and the many issues addressed by DRCR. Ability to
devise formulate and implement program strategies.
• Ability to manage time, cost and scope or responsibilities.
Job Title: Part-time Assistant Project Manager
1st year: $15,600
2nd year: $16,380
Email resumes by CBD April 15th to:
Debi Foster [email protected]