8th ANNUAL DOG RIVER MUDBOTTOM REVIVAL MUSIC FESTIVAL ORGANIZERS ANNOUNCE CALL FOR SPONSORS, SAVE THE DATE – SUNDAY, APRIL 23, & MUSICAL LINEUP
Dog River Clearwater Revival Fundraiser Aims for Protection of Water Quality Improvement with Day of Music & Family Fun
MOBILE, Ala. (Jan. 18, 2023) – For the eighth consecutive year, Dog River Clearwater Revival (DRCR) organizers announce the date and plans for the Mud Bottom Revival Music Festival – a fun afternoon created to raise awareness and funds. Music enthusiasts and river stewards annually look forward to this popular family event on the river to enjoy great musical entertainment.
The 8th Annual Mud Bottom Revival Music Festival is set for Sunday, April 23 from 2-6 pm. The event location is Bender Point – 3619 Riviere Du Chien Road, Mobile, Al.
This year’s musical lineup features headliners Will Kimbrough & Friends, along with opening acts, Grits & Greens and Blow House Brass Band.
Attendees are invited to bring coolers and chairs to enjoy an afternoon of live music under a shaded oak-covered spot on the banks of beautiful Dog River. Food and drink will be available for purchase from area food trucks.
Beginning FEBRUARY 14, tickets are available for purchase on dogriver.org.
Ticket Prices – General Admission: $35/After April 17 – $45
Sponsorships are available now for this spring fundraising event with an April 1 deadline for sponsorship information to be included on promotional material. For more information on benefits and levels, ranging from $250 to $2500, visit https://dogriver.org/events/fundraisers/sponsor-info-mudbottom-revival-music-festival/.
ABOUT THE MUSIC
ABOUT WILL KIMBROUGH & FRIENDS
Gulf Coast natives know Will Kimbrough as the leader of late 80s rockers, Will and the Bushmen. If you don’t know the rest of the story, Will has gone on to write over a dozen songs for Jimmy Buffett; received two Grammy nominations for his production and songwriting work with Shemekia Copeland; has toured the world with Emmylou Harris; and released a string of highly regarded solo and
band albums. Will is bringing along a world class rhythm section, who have backed the likes of John Prine, plus a secret special guest instrumentalist. Mud Bottom Clearwater Revival 2023 is a chance for Will Kimbrough to strut his stuff and tell his musical story.
ABOUT GRITS & GREENS
Grits & Greens is a powerful four piece best described as southern rock with a soulful and jam-heavy delivery. Front woman Ryann McGhee shines with commanding guitar licks and a powerful, gritty voice that is both sweet enough for the gospel and rough enough for the blues. Jesse McGhee’s soulful slide guitar work is tastefully characterized by open tunings
and melodic riffs. Kenny Paul Mann lays the foundation with driving bass lines rooted in country and funk rhythms. Jackson Bounds ties it all together with an explosive, yet intuitive, rock and roll percussion style. Together, the group offers a unique experience to listeners with a style that is best described as Southern rock with a soulful and jam-heavy delivery. But the band’s four-part vocal harmony and lyrics are what truly set them apart; sharing stories that are personal, playful, and perfectly satirical.
The band regularly tours and performs at great music venues across the United States. The band’s primary focus is writing and performing original music, but they pride themselves on creating very unique, stylistic, and sometimes improvised versions of other music they love. Ultimately, the band’s goal is to complement the tone of the venue and make a lasting connection to its patrons.
ABOUT BLOW HOUSE BRASS BAND
Blow House Brass Band is a local second line band with a true down home, Mardi Gras sound. Crowds always have a good time when Blow House shows up to get the party started!
ABOUT DOG RIVER CLEARWATER REVIVAL (DRCR)
DRCR is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to improving public access to and the water quality of Dog River and its tributaries. All DRCR programs, projects and volunteers work toward this ambitious goal. For more information about DRCR, including the 2022 Annual Report, visit www.dogriver.org.
FACT SHEET – 2023
DOG RIVER CLEARWATER REVIVAL
- Led the way to the creation, installation and continued monitoring of the river’s first litter containment device located in Eslava Creek.
- Secured and completed $328K EPA/GOMP grant to install additional litter containment devices and devise systematic plan to reduce litter inside the Dog River Watershed. Currently, six in operation throughout the watershed.
- Key stakeholders in the effort resulting in the permanent preservation of 291 acres of wetlands in Halls Mill Creek.
- Completed a Comprehensive Litter Abatement Plan which was presented to the City of Mobile for implementation.
- Partnered with the City of Mobile in their “Litter-Free Mobile” Campaign.
- Participated in an Environmental Education Booklet with a Dog River Watershed 101 course offering for 3rd graders.
- Along with our partners, led a “Trash Blows, Stow It!” Campaign urging motorists to stow their trash before hitting the roads. Also led “Truck Bed Trash” competition asking folks to create truck bed litter containment devices.
- Established & maintain oversight of a large network of water quality monitoring sites resulting in scientific data of the health of the Dog River. Monitors also act as an early warning system for MAWSS.
- Updated the Dog River/Watershed Management Plan.
- Continued restoration projects at Dog River and Schwarz Parks.
- Spearheaded the establishment of the 11-mile Scenic Blueway along Dog River with six (6) kayak launches to date.
- Worked with partners to erect two dozen “You are Entering the Dog River Watershed” road signage increasing watershed awareness. Erected signage at majority of stream crossings.
- Executed the Dog River Zone of the Annual Alabama Coastal Cleanup.
- Spearheaded the removal of 26 derelict vessels from the watershed.
- Partnered with DISL and Ocean Conservancy to distribute “No Anchor” signs to waterfront property owners.
- Installed over 5,000 storm drain markers designating Dog River Watershed.
- Provided over 200 Watershed Awareness presentations throughout Dog River Watershed.
- Spearheaded the renaming of Luscher/Navco Park to Dog River Park to increase awareness of the river.