10-25-14 Dog River Ghost Chase 5K and Goblin Gallop – see below.
1-20-15 DRCR Annual Member Meeting – Time and place TBA
DOG RIVER DAYS
DRCR celebrates the beautiful Dog River and its watershed by observing Dog River Days from October 18th to 25th. We encourage people to participate in two very fun events that will bring you to the river. Please join us at the 4th Annual Dog River Fishing Tournament and the 5th Annual Dog River Ghost Chase, see details below. We invite you to enjoy Dog River Days, paddle your canoe, ride your bike, or walk in a park along the river or dream up your own ways to celebrate your Dog River watershed!
4th Annual Dog River Fishing Tournament
Saturday, October 18, 2014
- Lines in at 6 AM and out by 2:30 PM
- Weigh-in at the River Shack (6120 Marina Drive S.) from 2 PM – 3:30 PM
- Fun event for both professional and recreational anglers. Awesome Prizes for Winners!!
- Fish can come from only Mobile and Baldwin County inshore waters
- Pre-register by mail (entries should be post marked by October 10), in person at the River Shack or Springdale Travel until noon on October 16, or online until 4 AM October 17. Captain’s Meeting registration from 5:30 PM – 7 PM at the River Shack.
- For more information contact Jerrime Kitsos, email@example.com or call 251-375-4045.
- Adult Fee (ages ages 16 and up) $35 includes t-shirt and ditty bag. Youth Fee (ages 6-15) $15 includes t-shirt and goody bag.
- Children are FREE (ages 5 and under) registration includes a goody bag and award for participation.
- Adult & Youth Fish Categories: 1st, 2nd, 3rd prizes for each top Speckled Trout, Flounder, and Redfish.
- Children Fish Categories: Croaker Prize for children with top 3 biggest croakers.
- **$50 per boat Lunker Trout Category with one winner**
5th Annual Dog River Ghost Chase
5K Run/Walk and Goblin Gallop
Saturday, October 25, 2014
- Goblin Gallop at 5PM and 5K race will start at 5:10PM
- Races will start and end at the River Shack (6120 Marina Drive S.)
- Scenic 5K course where the Dog River meets Mobile Bay and spectacular views from the top of the Dog River bridge!!
- The 5K race will be limited to 500 participants.
- Pre-register by mail (entries should be postmarked by October 18, 2014), in person at McCoy Outdoor or Run-N-Tri in Mobile or Running Wild in Fairhope until noon on October 23, 2014, or online until 4 AM October 24, 2014. Race day registration from 3 – 4:30 PM at the River Shack.
- Pre-registered- Adults: $20 Children (12 and under): $15
- Day of Race- Adults: $25 / Children (12 and under): $15.
- Entry fees include long sleeved race tee shirt, entry to the post-race party (River Shack snack and drinks), and a raffle ticket. Participants who pre-register by October 24 will receive two raffle tickets in their race packets.
- 5K: Top three male and female Overall, top male and female Masters, Grandmasters, and Senior Grandmasters. Top three male and female in age groups: 9 and under, 10-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, and 75-99. Goblin Gallop: Finish ribbons for participants.
- Costume Contest: All participants and spectators are encouraged to dress in costume.
- Register by October 18 to guarantee long sleeved tee shirt on race day. Tee shirts available on race day while supplies last.
- Post race party including food, beverages, live music at the River Shack. Special dinner and beverage discounts offered at the River Shack to all race participants on October 25.
- A mystery ghost will be somewhere in the race – will you be able to identify the spirit? Drawings for awesome prizes including a paddleboard or canoe – you must be present to win.
Let your voice be strong for Healthy Waters, Healthy People.
Click here to see Past Events